November 8th, 2018Nearly 25.4 million refugees have endured an experience that, fortunately, most of us will not face....
April 26th, 2017
October 21st, 2016
- Amnesty International has called on Burma to immediately lift all restrictions on humanitarian aid. These restrictions are currently preventing vital access to aid in Rakhine and Kachin States.
- Aung San Suu Kyi has defended herself against claims she has ignored the plight of the Rohingya Muslim population.
October 14th, 2016
- On 11th October we began our International Day of the Girl Child Campaign to raise awareness on issues girls across the world continue to face even today. Visit our Facebook page to find out more!
- We have a brand new member on our team!
October 7th, 2016
- Our team recently returned from a field visit to Nagorno-Karabakh where we met our local partners and had interesting conversations on the present situation. We will also be providing a detailed report on our visit, soon. Meanwhile, click here to find out more about what our partners in Nagorno-Karabakh are doing to support and improve lives of people living in the region.
September 30th, 2016
- We have an interesting new blog post on women in Burma’s role in the peace process from our Research and Campaigns intern Rory Morgan, click here to read more.
September 23rd, 2016
September 16th, 2016
- We’ve had a busy week in our new offices and an exciting visit from our Burmese local partner Dr Sasa! Sasa gave a wonderful talk in the House of Lords that you can read about by clicking here.
- The international community has been surprised this week as the US has ended its economic sanctions against Burma.
September 9th, 2016
- The Tatmadaw released 55 children and young people as a result of coordinated efforts with the United Nations to implement the 2012 Joint Action Plan to end and prevent the use and recruitment of children by the army, the UN Body said in a statement.
September 2nd, 2016
- We’ve moved offices! Check out our new contact details.
- Peace talks have got off to a shaky start this week at the 21st Century Panglong Peace Conference in Burma. The conference is bringing together representatives from the many armed ethnic groups opposing the government.