April 18th, 2016
April 15th, 2016News from HART
- Thank you to all those who attended the HART Prize for Human Rights Exhibition and Prize Giving Ceremony this week!
- A strong earthquake of 6.9 in magnitude struck Burma on Wednesday, but luckily no deaths were reported.
- The Viduthalai Chiruthaigal Katchi (VCK), a political party with a strong Dalit base has launched its own television channel this week.
April 8th, 2016News from HART
April 1st, 2016
- The shortlist for the HART Prize for Human Rights has been chosen! Thank you to all entrants who participated – we have thoroughly enjoyed the broad spectrum and extremely high quality of your work ranging from art and essays to documentaries and musical compositions.
March 24th, 2016
- Last week, our partner Benjamin Kuku and a delegation from Blue Nile and Nuba Mountains in Sudan visited London for advocacy purposes. You can listen to a short interview with BBC World Service here(starting 12:25).
- Thousands of refugees who crossed the border into China, more than a year after war erupted between Burma’s military and ethic insurgent groups, are still isolated in makeshift camps, ignored by “both governments as well as the international community”.
March 12th, 2016As part of our Mother’s Day and International Women’s Day Campaign blog series, Satya Tan writes on healthcare as a human right for mothers in rural India....
March 11th, 2016
- This week, we have been celebrating Mother’s Day and International Women’s Day by publishing blog posts written by interns and HART Ambassadors on the themes of maternal health and gender equality. Click here to read the full blog series – more blogs to come at the weekend!
March 8th, 2016As part of our Mother’s Day and International Women’s Day Campaign blog series, Satya Tan writes on social innovations from around the world which are improving women’s health in developing countries....
March 4th, 2016
- Today, we launched our Mother’s Day Campaign 2016 to raise awareness of maternal health and equal rights, particularly in the countries where HART has partners. Keep checking our website as well as the Facebook, Twitter, Instagram pages to keep updated with articles and infographics!