November 20th, 2017
Baroness Cox Is the Minister aware that there are reliable reports of a build-up of Government of Sudan military forces in Darfur, Southern Kordofan and Blue Nile, causing great concern at the possibility of renewed military offences?...
November 13th, 2017Baroness Cox recently questioned the government about its work to tackle terrorism and the use of sexual violence.
Baroness Cox To ask Her Majesty’s Government what is their response to the recommendation of the Henry Jackson Society’s report Trafficking Terror that an International Legal Task Force should be established to gather evidence on sexual violence as a tactic of terrorism....
November 6th, 2017
October 16th, 2017
October 13th, 2017An evening with Vardan This Wednesday, HART hosted an evening with the inspirational director of the Lady Cox Rehabilitation Centre, Vardan Tadevosyan. He gave our supporters an update on the wonderful work that his centre does for the disabled in Nagorno-Karabakh. ...
October 6th, 2017Blogs:
- Burma’s Forgotten Minorities: The suffering of the Rohingya has made headlines around the world.
September 29th, 2017
- Number of Rohingya Muslims who have fled violence reaches 500,000 – There may now be, in fact, 1 million Rohingya in bangladesh, including those displaced from previous military crackdowns.
- U.S. says countries should suspend providing weapons to Burma – “We cannot be afraid to call the actions of the Burmese authorities what they appear to be – a brutal, sustained campaign to cleanse the country of an ethnic minority,” Haley told the U.N.
September 22nd, 2017
- Buddhists throw petrol bombs to stop Rohingya aid shipment – The rohingya are facing huge difficulties in getting aid. As a policy, and as with other areas of Burma, the government is deliberately restricting international aid in an effort to force the Rohingya out.
September 15th, 2017
- Military Torches Homes Near Border – Satellite data from Human Rights Watch shows that at least 62 Rohingya villages have been destroyed. The UN estimates that almost 400,000 refugees have now crossed into Bangladesh in the last month.