January 12th, 2018Letter to the UK Government to redouble efforts in South Sudan: Baroness Cox co-signed a letter to the UK Government to increase peacebuilding efforts in South Sudan. ...
November 13th, 2017Baroness Cox recently questioned the government about its work to tackle terrorism and the use of sexual violence.
Baroness Cox To ask Her Majesty’s Government what is their response to the recommendation of the Henry Jackson Society’s report Trafficking Terror that an International Legal Task Force should be established to gather evidence on sexual violence as a tactic of terrorism....
October 6th, 2017Blogs:
- Burma’s Forgotten Minorities: The suffering of the Rohingya has made headlines around the world.
September 29th, 2017
- Number of Rohingya Muslims who have fled violence reaches 500,000 – There may now be, in fact, 1 million Rohingya in bangladesh, including those displaced from previous military crackdowns.
- U.S. says countries should suspend providing weapons to Burma – “We cannot be afraid to call the actions of the Burmese authorities what they appear to be – a brutal, sustained campaign to cleanse the country of an ethnic minority,” Haley told the U.N.
September 27th, 2017
September 22nd, 2017
- Buddhists throw petrol bombs to stop Rohingya aid shipment – The rohingya are facing huge difficulties in getting aid. As a policy, and as with other areas of Burma, the government is deliberately restricting international aid in an effort to force the Rohingya out.
September 8th, 2017
September 1st, 2017here which features our new report about Nagorno-Karabakh and updates from Health and Hope’s Dr Sasa....
August 31st, 2017
August 25th, 2017Burma:
- In a major development for Burma, Rohingya militants have staged coordinated attacks on police outposts, killing 12 security personnel. There is a fear that the backlash could mirror that of the backlash after the October 2016 attack, in which thousands of civilians were raped, killed, and displaced.