March 10th, 2017
- 53 MPs have signed Early Day Motion (a Parliamentary petition) calling on the British government to support a UN Commission of Inquiry into the situation in Rakhine State, Burma
- 30 people died in clashes between ethnic groups and Burmese forces along the border with China on Monday, dealing a blow to leader Aung San Suu Kyi’s goal of reaching peace with minorities.
March 3rd, 2017
- An Obama-era human rights envoy, Keith Harper, has called on the UN to set up a commission to probe human rights violations in Myanmar’s Rakhine state and not let its leader Aung San Suu Kyi off the hook because of the “iconic status” she holds in the eyes of the West
- U Thein Sein, government-era Special Economic Zone (SEZ) laws do not match international standards or protect human rights.
February 17th, 2017
- The HART Prize for Human Rights is still open for entries, click here for information
- Burma celebrated its 70th Union Day on Sunday, with Aung Sun Suu Kyi attending celebrations at the town of Panglong in Southern Shan State yesterday.
January 13th, 2017
- HART is currently looking for a new Finance and Admin Intern. More details can be found here. Application closes Sunday 15th January (midnight).
July 29th, 2016
- Read Charlie Hart’s account of the Modern Slavery Garden that won Gold at this year’s Chelsea Flower Show here.
- Volunteer and fundraise for HART this summer! See here for ways you can get involved.
- A summit this week brought together seventeen leaders of different rebel groups in the war ravaged town of Kachin, close to the border of China.
July 1st, 2016
- The deadline for internship applications is now 9am on Monday 11th July! You can download the application form here: https://www.hart-uk.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/HART-Intern-Application-Form1.doc. Please return the form with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
June 17th, 2016The Chinese made drones have the capability of delivering surgical airstrikes, as well as undertaking surveillance roles....
June 10th, 2016
- Last week, HART attended the demonstration outside the Sudanese Embassy in London against 5 years of bombing in South Kordofan and Blue Nile in Sudan. We conducted numerous interviews on the ground, here’s what our interviewees had to say.
May 6th, 2016
- About 50 shelters were destroyed in a fire on Tuesday at the Baw Du Pa camp located near Sittwe, the capital of the western state of Rakhine.
April 22nd, 2016
- The 1st prize entry of this year’s HART Prize for Human Rights Senior Essay category has now been published!
- Suu Kyi received her fifth listing among the Time magazine’s ‘100 Most Influential People’ this week.
- Meanwhile, CBS News has reported claims of high level corruption as a media group allegedly presented an important official with “an envelope with more than $4,000 as a gift”.