October 16th, 2015World Food Day was established in 1979 to honour the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) branch of the UN, created in 1945. A theme is selected each year to highlight an area for action. 1986 focused on Fisherman and Fishing Communities; 1991 celebrated Trees for life; 1998 concentrated on how Women feed the world whilst 2002 revolved around water as a source of food security....
October 9th, 2015
News From HARTToday we are celebrating our wonderful partner in Uganda! In the coming year, HART’s partner in Patongo, PAORINHER, will continue to:
- Fight against the spread of HIV and improve access to treatment and support.
- Work to remove the stigma of those living with the disease and promote reintegration of previously ostracised families.
October 2nd, 2015
News From HART
- For the International Day of the Girl Child, HART intern Rowena highlight HART’s work to empower and protect young women. Read it here!
- Asia Justice and Rights released a report on how the conflict in Kachin and Karen states affect local women.
September 18th, 2015
- Baroness Cox asked a supplementary question in the House of Lords. She asked Her Majesty’s Government what actions they are taking to support the National Ceasefire Agreement and electoral process in northern Shan and Kachin states.
September 11th, 2015
September 4th, 2015
News From HART:
- We are now on Instagram: https://instagram.com/hart.uk/
- Our Annual Report has been published: https://www.hart-uk.org/news/hart-2014-annual-report-and-annual-financial-accounts/
- Burma raises minimum wage to £1.82.
September 2nd, 2015
July 24th, 2015
- Following the recent visit of the President of Nagorno-Karabakh to the UK, a new blog piece explores the implications of Nagorno-Karabakh’s elections earlier this year, including the ironies of the international response.
- The deadline for applications for the next round of HART’s internship programme is midnight TONIGHT.
July 3rd, 2015
- Russell Kane will star in a comedy fundraiser for HART, in collaboration with the Comedy Bunker at Mill Hill, on Thursday 17th September. You can buy tickets here – £15 or £13.50 with a student discount.
- HART is now part of the Medium community, a social journalism platform that gives us the opportunity to be even more creative, diverse and collaborative.
June 26th, 2015
- This week we published three blogs for World Refugee Day. They include: “Adrift: The Record Number of Refugees and the Challenges They Face” by Jack Lindsay; “The plight of Nigerian Refugees and Internally Displaced continues as Boko Haram insurgency grows” by Elisabeth Pramendorfer and “Sargsyan v Azerbaijan Case – an ECHR ruling for an Armenian refugee and the importance of refugees’ legal rights” by Jamie Osborn.