July 31st, 2015News from HART:
- Julie Marangé has written a blog post called “If you were the Prime Minister of India, what would you do to improve the women rights situation in that country and how would you do it?” which was a shortlisted entry to the HART Prize for Human Rights.
July 24th, 2015News from HART
- Following the recent visit of the President of Nagorno-Karabakh to the UK, a new blog piece explores the implications of Nagorno-Karabakh’s elections earlier this year, including the ironies of the international response.
- The deadline for applications for the next round of HART’s internship programme is midnight TONIGHT.
July 17th, 2015News from HART:
- On Monday, 13th July, Baroness Cox has received answers to her Parliamentary Written Questions regarding recent developments in Sudan. Read the questions and responses here.
- There is new a blog post online discussing Uganda’s proposed NGO Bill and potential consequences.
July 15th, 2015
Baroness Cox receives answers to her Written Questions to the British Government regarding recent developments in SudanBaroness Cox has received answers from the Minister of State of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office regarding her two written questions concerning recent developments in Sudan: Question 1:
Baroness Cox, Crossbench To ask Her Majesty’s Government whether they plan to make representations at the UN Security Council for renewing the mandate for UNAMID to remain in Darfur, and for enhancing its capacity for civilian protection....
July 10th, 2015News from HART
July 10th, 2015Yesterday, 9th July, Baroness Cox delivered a speech on the refugee crises in Burma and Sudan and the urgent need for cross-border aid, as part of a House of Lords debate on refugees and migrants from Africa and Asia. The debate was initiated by a motion put forward by Lord Alton, “That this House takes note of the displacement of refugees and migrants from Asia and Africa and to the long-term and short-term measures to address their plight”....
July 9th, 2015On Friday 26th June, Baroness Cox spoke at the Armenian General Benevolent Union’s event ‘Living Memory’ commemorating the centenary of the Armenian Genocide. Here is an article published by Orer Magazine describing the event....
July 3rd, 2015News from HART
- Russell Kane will star in a comedy fundraiser for HART, in collaboration with the Comedy Bunker at Mill Hill, on Thursday 17th September. You can buy tickets here – £15 or £13.50 with a student discount.
- HART is now part of the Medium community, a social journalism platform that gives us the opportunity to be even more creative, diverse and collaborative.