February 26th, 2016News from HART
- Baroness Cox has returned from her visits to Australia and East Timor.
- The HART team looks forward to receiving the last of the entries for the HART Prize for Human Rights competition with a quickly approaching deadline of 11.59pm tonight.
February 25th, 2016HUMANITARIAN UPDATE – January 2016
South Kordofan and Blue Nile states, Sudan
Produced by the South Kordofan and Blue Nile Coordination Unit (SKBNCU) The below Overview has been reproduced from the SKBNCU January update which can be downloaded in full below....
February 19th, 2016News from HART
- We have a new job vacancy for the position of Finance Manager at HART. Application deadline is on 7th March.
- Read the visit report from HART’s most recent visit to Sudan and South Sudan.
- HART will be at the London International Development Conference 2016 this Saturday – come and say hello if you are there!
February 15th, 2016Humanitarian Aid Relief Trust (HART) release the findings from their January visit to partners in South Sudan and in the Nuba Mountains in Sudan. You can download the full report below. Executive Summary: SUDAN
- While there has been relative calm in South Kordofan for the past four months, those we interviewed within the Nuba Mountains expressed their deep concern over the build-up of Sudan Armed Forces (SAF) troops in strategic positions around Kauda.
February 12th, 2016News From HART
- Guest blogger, Talia Augustine, discusses palliative care in Uganda and how one organisation is working to change attitudes towards terminal illness.
- The deadline for the HART Prize for Human Rights is nearly upon us! If you’re aged 13-25 and passionate about human rights then you may be interested in a chance to win a number of prizes, including a trip to Nagorno-Karabakh.
February 5th, 2016News from HART
- Baroness Cox spoke in the House of Lords on Wednesday supporting amendments to the Immigration Bill, calling for victims of genocide to be granted asylum in the UK.
- In a busy week, Baroness Cox also asked a supplementary question on International Again against female genital mutilation on Thursday.