June 24th, 2016Burma
- Aung San Suu Kyi announced on Wednesday that officials should now refer to the Rohingya minority as, ‘people who believe in Islam in Rakhine state’. Burma has been condemned for policies of discrimination against the Rohingya.
- Thailand will continue to house over 100,000 Burmese refugees.
June 17th, 2016Burma Credits: JPaing, The Irrawaddy. A military consultant writing for HIS Jane’s has highlighted the use of unmanned aerial drones by the Burma Army. The Chinese made drones have the capability of delivering surgical airstrikes, as well as undertaking surveillance roles....
June 10th, 2016News from HART
- Last week, HART attended the demonstration outside the Sudanese Embassy in London against 5 years of bombing in South Kordofan and Blue Nile in Sudan. We conducted numerous interviews on the ground, here’s what our interviewees had to say.
June 3rd, 2016Burma
- The Irrawaddy reports on human rights abuses in Chang Mai. The Burma Army is accused of conducting extra-judicial killings, beatings and bombings.
Fresh reports of Burma Army torturing and killing civilians with impunity https://t.co/jlAs4CMn2E #nld #Burma #humanrights — HART-UK (@HARTnews) June 2, 2016
- At least 10 people were killed during protests by pro-Biafra campaigners as they marked the anniversary of the start of Nigeria’s civil war, police said on Tuesday.