October 19th, 2015
HART Summer Newsletter
HART’s Summer Newsletter came through supporters doors on Friday 9th September. Catch it online here too!
This newsletter features:
- Patient stories from Shan Women’s Action Network (SWAN). Shan refugees are not officially recognised by the Thai Government and so it is very difficult for them to access services, including healthcare. As well as providing practical and financial support, SWAN staff assist Shan refugees with language translation and access to services. The mother of one disabled young patient who requires constant care says, “If SWAN did not exist, life would not be possible for me. I cannot do this by myself because I need to work to pay for rent and medical bills”.
- An article that highlights the importance of the inclusion of local views and rights in large-scale development projects in Burma.
- Four essential facts to know about the upcoming elections in Burma.
- An interview with Vardan Tadevosyan, the Director of the Rehabilitation Centre in Nagorno-Karabakh.
- A photo essay covering the August ‘Journey through History’ to Armenia and Nagorno-Karabakh.
- News from PAORINHER in Uganda, HIAM-Health in Timor-Leste and projects supported by HART in Nigeria.
Please view this edition of our Newsletter by pressing the Download button below. If you have any questions, or if you would like to receive a hard copy of this publication, please contact email@example.com.
< All News