July 22nd, 2016
- Read Joshua Colebourne’s recent blog: Burma’s Jade is lucrative business but will its people ever see the benefit?
- Volunteer and fundraise for HART this summer! See here for ways you can get involved.
- The Burma Army has claimed responsibility for 5 civilian deaths in Shan State.
July 19th, 2016US$31 billion in 2014 alone....
July 15th, 2016
July 8th, 2016
- We are hiring! HART is currently recruiting a creative and dynamic Communications and Fundraising Executive. The deadline for applications is 12 noon on 18th July. Please download the application pack here: www.hart-uk.org/about-you/jobs
- Two mosques in Burma have suffered arson attacks over the past two weeks.
June 24th, 2016
- Aung San Suu Kyi announced on Wednesday that officials should now refer to the Rohingya minority as, ‘people who believe in Islam in Rakhine state’. Burma has been condemned for policies of discrimination against the Rohingya.
- Thailand will continue to house over 100,000 Burmese refugees.
June 3rd, 2016
- The Irrawaddy reports on human rights abuses in Chang Mai. The Burma Army is accused of conducting extra-judicial killings, beatings and bombings.
Fresh reports of Burma Army torturing and killing civilians with impunity https://t.co/jlAs4CMn2E #nld #Burma #humanrights — HART-UK (@HARTnews) June 2, 2016
- At least 10 people were killed during protests by pro-Biafra campaigners as they marked the anniversary of the start of Nigeria’s civil war, police said on Tuesday.
May 31st, 2016
- Fighting continues in Shan, Kachin and Rakhine states.
May 27th, 2016
- The Myanmar government will allow exiled opposition activists who are still on an official “no-entry” blacklist to return to the Southeast Asian country within 100 days, said deputy foreign affairs minister Kyaw Tin on Thursday.
BBC News – Myanmar jade mine landslide kills at least 12 in Kachin https://t.co/IG39FGuCoQ...
May 24th, 2016
May 20th, 2016
- Myanmar nationalists announced Wednesday that a series of protests were planned across major cities to demand that the government declare that there is no Rohingya ethnicity in the country.