July 8th, 2016
- We are hiring! HART is currently recruiting a creative and dynamic Communications and Fundraising Executive. The deadline for applications is 12 noon on 18th July. Please download the application pack here: www.hart-uk.org/about-you/jobs
- Two mosques in Burma have suffered arson attacks over the past two weeks.
May 27th, 2016
- The Myanmar government will allow exiled opposition activists who are still on an official “no-entry” blacklist to return to the Southeast Asian country within 100 days, said deputy foreign affairs minister Kyaw Tin on Thursday.
BBC News – Myanmar jade mine landslide kills at least 12 in Kachin https://t.co/IG39FGuCoQ — HART-UK (@HARTnews) May 24, 2016India
- Interesting new developments have taken place in India’s public transport systems as, according to The Independent, “Buses in India will be fitted with panic button alarms in an effort to protect women from sexual violence on public transport.” It has also been claimed that these buses will be equipped with CCTV and GPS tracking systems so that authorities are able to monitor public transport incidents in realtime.
May 20th, 2016
- Myanmar nationalists announced Wednesday that a series of protests were planned across major cities to demand that the government declare that there is no Rohingya ethnicity in the country.
April 29th, 2016
- According to The Irrawaddy, Karen freedom fighters from the Democratic Karen Benevolent Army (DKBA) have joined forces with the Arakan Army (AA) to fight against the Burma Army.
- It is rumoured that a new bill which aims to revive Burma’s 1975 State Protection Law might be submitted to Parliament.
April 8th, 2016News from HART
April 1st, 2016
- The shortlist for the HART Prize for Human Rights has been chosen! Thank you to all entrants who participated – we have thoroughly enjoyed the broad spectrum and extremely high quality of your work ranging from art and essays to documentaries and musical compositions.
March 12th, 2016As part of our Mother’s Day and International Women’s Day Campaign blog series, Satya Tan writes on healthcare as a human right for mothers in rural India....
March 11th, 2016
- This week, we have been celebrating Mother’s Day and International Women’s Day by publishing blog posts written by interns and HART Ambassadors on the themes of maternal health and gender equality. Click here to read the full blog series – more blogs to come at the weekend!
March 4th, 2016This week, to celebrate Mother’s Day and International Women’s Day, we will be raising awareness about maternal health and gender equality in the countries where HART works. Access to maternal healthcare is a vital human right for women globally – no woman should have to risk their life to have a child....
February 19th, 2016
- We have a new job vacancy for the position of Finance Manager at HART. Application deadline is on 7th March.
- Read the visit report from HART’s most recent visit to Sudan and South Sudan.
- HART will be at the London International Development Conference 2016 this Saturday – come and say hello if you are there!