January 12th, 2018
This week’s HART Weekly Review features a letter signed by Baroness Cox to the Government, blogs and a summary of the top stories from the countries where we work.
Letter to the UK Government to redouble efforts in South Sudan: Baroness Cox co-signed a letter to the UK Government to increase peacebuilding efforts in South Sudan.
October 27th, 2016
It has been over six months since the dramatic flare up in hostilities between Azeri and Karabakhi Armenian forces last April. In spite of a ceasefire being agreed to in a matter of days
, little progress remains to be achieved in the Minsk peace process and the conflict continues to fly largely under the radar of the international press....
October 5th, 2016
Our very own founder and president Baroness Caroline Cox recently sat down with the Armenian press organisation Armedia to discuss the 25th anniversary of Armenia’s independence and ongoing conflict in Nagorno-Karabakh. The Baroness recently visited Nagorno-Karabakh and celebrated the Lady Cox Rehabilitation Centre’s 18th birthday....
May 27th, 2016
April 29th, 2016
- According to The Irrawaddy, Karen freedom fighters from the Democratic Karen Benevolent Army (DKBA) have joined forces with the Arakan Army (AA) to fight against the Burma Army.
- It is rumoured that a new bill which aims to revive Burma’s 1975 State Protection Law might be submitted to Parliament.
April 9th, 2016
Last weekend saw the deaths of at least 46 Soldiers and two civilians on either side of the ongoing Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. As tensions still remain high, and an incredibly fragile new ceasefire has been held since Wednesday April 5th
, citizens on either side of the conflict feel threatened, from Yerevan to Baku....
April 8th, 2016
News from HART
- This week, we have been closely monitoring the escalating conflict in Nagorno-Karabakh. Read words from our local partners here and add a message of support for civilians in Nagorno-Karabakh here.
- Next week is the HART Prize for Human Rights Prize Giving and Exhibition.
March 11th, 2016
News from HART
- This week, we have been celebrating Mother’s Day and International Women’s Day by publishing blog posts written by interns and HART Ambassadors on the themes of maternal health and gender equality. Click here to read the full blog series – more blogs to come at the weekend!