July 1st, 2016
- The deadline for internship applications is now 9am on Monday 11th July! You can download the application form here: http://www.hart-uk.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/HART-Intern-Application-Form1.doc. Please return the form with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
June 17th, 2016The Chinese made drones have the capability of delivering surgical airstrikes, as well as undertaking surveillance roles....
June 10th, 2016
- Last week, HART attended the demonstration outside the Sudanese Embassy in London against 5 years of bombing in South Kordofan and Blue Nile in Sudan. We conducted numerous interviews on the ground, here’s what our interviewees had to say.
May 14th, 2016
- The HART Team have just returned from a visit to partners on the Thailand-Burma border. Stay tuned for the visit report!
Follow us on Instagram @ hart.uk to see more of our content. Also, Don’t forget to check our site https://t.co/0oKKfmEThS for more news — HART-UK (@HARTnews) May 4, 2016Burma
- Protests against a joint mining operation with China in Letpadaung.
May 6th, 2016
- About 50 shelters were destroyed in a fire on Tuesday at the Baw Du Pa camp located near Sittwe, the capital of the western state of Rakhine.
April 22nd, 2016
- The 1st prize entry of this year’s HART Prize for Human Rights Senior Essay category has now been published!
- Suu Kyi received her fifth listing among the Time magazine’s ‘100 Most Influential People’ this week.
- Meanwhile, CBS News has reported claims of high level corruption as a media group allegedly presented an important official with “an envelope with more than $4,000 as a gift”.
April 15th, 2016News from HART
- Thank you to all those who attended the HART Prize for Human Rights Exhibition and Prize Giving Ceremony this week!
- A strong earthquake of 6.9 in magnitude struck Burma on Wednesday, but luckily no deaths were reported.
- The Viduthalai Chiruthaigal Katchi (VCK), a political party with a strong Dalit base has launched its own television channel this week.
April 1st, 2016
- The shortlist for the HART Prize for Human Rights has been chosen! Thank you to all entrants who participated – we have thoroughly enjoyed the broad spectrum and extremely high quality of your work ranging from art and essays to documentaries and musical compositions.
March 11th, 2016
- This week, we have been celebrating Mother’s Day and International Women’s Day by publishing blog posts written by interns and HART Ambassadors on the themes of maternal health and gender equality. Click here to read the full blog series – more blogs to come at the weekend!
February 19th, 2016
- We have a new job vacancy for the position of Finance Manager at HART. Application deadline is on 7th March.
- Read the visit report from HART’s most recent visit to Sudan and South Sudan.
- HART will be at the London International Development Conference 2016 this Saturday – come and say hello if you are there!