September 8th, 2017
August 9th, 2017
April 29th, 2016
- According to The Irrawaddy, Karen freedom fighters from the Democratic Karen Benevolent Army (DKBA) have joined forces with the Arakan Army (AA) to fight against the Burma Army.
- It is rumoured that a new bill which aims to revive Burma’s 1975 State Protection Law might be submitted to Parliament.
April 8th, 2016News from HART
April 4th, 2016On Saturday, April 2nd fighting broke out in the disputed region of Nagorno-Karabakh. According to Al Jazeera, “at least 30 soldiers from both sides have been killed”. Yet, there were also numerous civilian casualties, as Russia Today reported in this video, which documents the experience of “two Nagorno-Karabakh boys, who were injured after shells landed near a school”....
March 4th, 2016
- Today, we launched our Mother’s Day Campaign 2016 to raise awareness of maternal health and equal rights, particularly in the countries where HART has partners. Keep checking our website as well as the Facebook, Twitter, Instagram pages to keep updated with articles and infographics!
January 2nd, 2016
November 6th, 2015
September 25th, 2015
News From HART
- We are thrilled to announce the launch of the HART Prize for Human Rights 2015/16. As with last year, there is a Creative Competition and an Essay Competition. Both are separated into Junior (13-17) and Senior (18-25) categories. The Grand Prize for the Senior Essay Competition is a trip with HART to Nagorno-Karabakh to experience aid and advocacy first hand.Briefs with essay questions, country fact sheets, examples of last year’s entries and more information are all available here.
August 28th, 2015
- The HART Team have returned safely from the visit to Armenia and Nagorno-Karabakh. HART partner, Vardan, is doing very well, and has made developments in potential plans for a new centre – watch this space!
- Following our appeal for Dr Sasa, HART raised over £17,000 – thank you to all who contributed.
Page 1 of 212