October 4th, 2017Boko Haram, especially after 14 April 2014, when they kidnapped 276 girls between 16 and 18 years of age from a secondary school in Chibok....
August 9th, 2017
July 19th, 2017
House of Lords Debate, 18th July 2017: Oral question on the recent developments in the Northern and Central Belt States in NigeriaBaroness Cox To ask Her Majesty’s Government what is their assessment of recent developments in the Northern and Central Belt States in Nigeria. Baroness Goldie (Con) My Lords, we are deeply concerned by recurrent clashes involving pastoralists such as herdsmen and local farmers over land, farming rights, grazing routes and access to water....
November 25th, 2016
- HART is currently looking for a new part time Advocacy Officer! Click here for more information.
- Entries are still open for the HART Prize for Human Rights, click here for more information.
October 21st, 2016
- Amnesty International has called on Burma to immediately lift all restrictions on humanitarian aid. These restrictions are currently preventing vital access to aid in Rakhine and Kachin States.
- Aung San Suu Kyi has defended herself against claims she has ignored the plight of the Rohingya Muslim population.
October 7th, 2016
- Our team recently returned from a field visit to Nagorno-Karabakh where we met our local partners and had interesting conversations on the present situation. We will also be providing a detailed report on our visit, soon. Meanwhile, click here to find out more about what our partners in Nagorno-Karabakh are doing to support and improve lives of people living in the region.
September 16th, 2016
- We’ve had a busy week in our new offices and an exciting visit from our Burmese local partner Dr Sasa! Sasa gave a wonderful talk in the House of Lords that you can read about by clicking here.
- The international community has been surprised this week as the US has ended its economic sanctions against Burma.
September 2nd, 2016
- We’ve moved offices! Check out our new contact details.
- Peace talks have got off to a shaky start this week at the 21st Century Panglong Peace Conference in Burma. The conference is bringing together representatives from the many armed ethnic groups opposing the government.
August 26th, 2016
- We are recruiting! We are looking for a Finance and Administration Intern to begin September 2016. Deadline for applications 31st August. For details and application form please see here.
- A powerful 6.8 magnitude earthquake struck Burma on Wednesday morning, killing at least three people and damaging temples in the ancient temple city of Bagan.