April 3rd, 2018
January 12th, 2018Letter to the UK Government to redouble efforts in South Sudan: Baroness Cox co-signed a letter to the UK Government to increase peacebuilding efforts in South Sudan. ...
January 5th, 2018
Friday 15th December 2017 – Today is the fourth anniversary of the start of the conflict in South Sudan....
December 15th, 2017Shan women become victims of trafficking in Thailand: The people from Shan State are one of the groups whom have suffered exceptionally similar atrocities to the Rohingya people....
December 12th, 2017Baroness Cox (CB) My Lords, I am very grateful to all noble Lords who are contributing to this debate on two countries where people are suffering so much, but for very different reasons....
December 12th, 2017estimated 1.87 million people have been internally displaced and a further 2.01 million refugees having fled to neighbouring countries. The world’s youngest country, South Sudan gained independence from Sudan in July 2011....
October 21st, 2016
- Amnesty International has called on Burma to immediately lift all restrictions on humanitarian aid. These restrictions are currently preventing vital access to aid in Rakhine and Kachin States.
- Aung San Suu Kyi has defended herself against claims she has ignored the plight of the Rohingya Muslim population.
October 14th, 2016
- On 11th October we began our International Day of the Girl Child Campaign to raise awareness on issues girls across the world continue to face even today. Visit our Facebook page to find out more!
- We have a brand new member on our team!
September 20th, 2016
September 16th, 2016
- We’ve had a busy week in our new offices and an exciting visit from our Burmese local partner Dr Sasa! Sasa gave a wonderful talk in the House of Lords that you can read about by clicking here.
- The international community has been surprised this week as the US has ended its economic sanctions against Burma.