October 21st, 2016
- Amnesty International has called on Burma to immediately lift all restrictions on humanitarian aid. These restrictions are currently preventing vital access to aid in Rakhine and Kachin States.
- Aung San Suu Kyi has defended herself against claims she has ignored the plight of the Rohingya Muslim population.
October 14th, 2016
- On 11th October we began our International Day of the Girl Child Campaign to raise awareness on issues girls across the world continue to face even today. Visit our Facebook page to find out more!
- We have a brand new member on our team!
October 10th, 2016
September 16th, 2016
- We’ve had a busy week in our new offices and an exciting visit from our Burmese local partner Dr Sasa! Sasa gave a wonderful talk in the House of Lords that you can read about by clicking here.
- The international community has been surprised this week as the US has ended its economic sanctions against Burma.
September 2nd, 2016
- We’ve moved offices! Check out our new contact details.
- Peace talks have got off to a shaky start this week at the 21st Century Panglong Peace Conference in Burma. The conference is bringing together representatives from the many armed ethnic groups opposing the government.
August 26th, 2016
- We are recruiting! We are looking for a Finance and Administration Intern to begin September 2016. Deadline for applications 31st August. For details and application form please see here.
- A powerful 6.8 magnitude earthquake struck Burma on Wednesday morning, killing at least three people and damaging temples in the ancient temple city of Bagan.
August 19th, 2016
August 12th, 2016
August 5th, 2016
- We are hiring! HART is currently recruiting an Interim Advocacy Officer. The deadline for applications is 12 noon on 8th August. You can read more about the role and download the application pack here: http://www.hart-uk.org/about-you/jobs/.
July 29th, 2016
- Read Charlie Hart’s account of the Modern Slavery Garden that won Gold at this year’s Chelsea Flower Show here.
- Volunteer and fundraise for HART this summer! See here for ways you can get involved.
- A summit this week brought together seventeen leaders of different rebel groups in the war ravaged town of Kachin, close to the border of China.