May 20th, 2016
- Myanmar nationalists announced Wednesday that a series of protests were planned across major cities to demand that the government declare that there is no Rohingya ethnicity in the country.
April 29th, 2016
- According to The Irrawaddy, Karen freedom fighters from the Democratic Karen Benevolent Army (DKBA) have joined forces with the Arakan Army (AA) to fight against the Burma Army.
- It is rumoured that a new bill which aims to revive Burma’s 1975 State Protection Law might be submitted to Parliament.
April 21st, 2016
South Kordofan and Blue Nile states, Sudan
Produced by the South Kordofan and Blue Nile Coordination Unit The full update is available as a download below. The government’s dry season offensive has begun in the Two Areas during the reporting period, later than expected (last year’s offensive started as early as December)....
April 8th, 2016News from HART
April 1st, 2016
- The shortlist for the HART Prize for Human Rights has been chosen! Thank you to all entrants who participated – we have thoroughly enjoyed the broad spectrum and extremely high quality of your work ranging from art and essays to documentaries and musical compositions.
March 11th, 2016
- This week, we have been celebrating Mother’s Day and International Women’s Day by publishing blog posts written by interns and HART Ambassadors on the themes of maternal health and gender equality. Click here to read the full blog series – more blogs to come at the weekend!
March 9th, 2016As part of our Mother’s Day and International Women’s Day blog series, HART Ambassador, Katie Morris, writes on Female Genital Mutilation and Maternal Mortality Rates in Sudan....
March 1st, 2016
February 19th, 2016
- We have a new job vacancy for the position of Finance Manager at HART. Application deadline is on 7th March.
- Read the visit report from HART’s most recent visit to Sudan and South Sudan.
- HART will be at the London International Development Conference 2016 this Saturday – come and say hello if you are there!
February 12th, 2016
- Guest blogger, Talia Augustine, discusses palliative care in Uganda and how one organisation is working to change attitudes towards terminal illness.
- The deadline for the HART Prize for Human Rights is nearly upon us! If you’re aged 13-25 and passionate about human rights then you may be interested in a chance to win a number of prizes, including a trip to Nagorno-Karabakh.