August 19th, 2016
August 12th, 2016
August 9th, 2016a troubled past, Uganda continues to endure severe structural inequalities of wealth, gender, and accessibility to basic public services. Northern Uganda, a central operating area for the notorious Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA), has suffered acutely from decades of social and political conflict....
August 5th, 2016
- We are hiring! HART is currently recruiting an Interim Advocacy Officer. The deadline for applications is 12 noon on 8th August. You can read more about the role and download the application pack here: http://www.hart-uk.org/about-you/jobs/.
July 29th, 2016
- Read Charlie Hart’s account of the Modern Slavery Garden that won Gold at this year’s Chelsea Flower Show here.
- Volunteer and fundraise for HART this summer! See here for ways you can get involved.
- A summit this week brought together seventeen leaders of different rebel groups in the war ravaged town of Kachin, close to the border of China.
July 15th, 2016
June 3rd, 2016
- The Irrawaddy reports on human rights abuses in Chang Mai. The Burma Army is accused of conducting extra-judicial killings, beatings and bombings.
Fresh reports of Burma Army torturing and killing civilians with impunity https://t.co/jlAs4CMn2E #nld #Burma #humanrights — HART-UK (@HARTnews) June 2, 2016
- At least 10 people were killed during protests by pro-Biafra campaigners as they marked the anniversary of the start of Nigeria’s civil war, police said on Tuesday.
May 20th, 2016
- Myanmar nationalists announced Wednesday that a series of protests were planned across major cities to demand that the government declare that there is no Rohingya ethnicity in the country.
April 29th, 2016
- According to The Irrawaddy, Karen freedom fighters from the Democratic Karen Benevolent Army (DKBA) have joined forces with the Arakan Army (AA) to fight against the Burma Army.
- It is rumoured that a new bill which aims to revive Burma’s 1975 State Protection Law might be submitted to Parliament.