Help our local partners realise their vision of hope for their communities
16 December 2016
News from HART
- HART is currently looking for a new Finance and Admin Intern. More details can be found here.
- Around 21,000 Rohingya have sought refuge in Bangladesh over the past two months. A U.N official has stated that the actions of the Burmese military are “getting very close to what we would all agree are crimes against humanity.”
- Burma’s Parliament has ratified the Asean Anti-Trafficking Convention. The move was an attempt to strengthen regional collaboration in combating trafficking.
- A Nigerian church collapse has killed at least 23 people in the city of Uyo. Rescue workers have recovered bodies and injured people from the rubble.
- The South Sudanese defence minister has stated that Sudanese rebels have complied with directives to leave the country. The minister stressed South Sudan’s desire for all foreign rebels to leave.
- Reports from the UN Special Advisor on the Prevention of Genocide and other experts all are pointing to the unmistakable warning signs of an impending genocide.
- Bank Ki-Moon has stated that the world has betrayed South Sudan. The UN Secretary General write a piece on the subject for Newsweek.
- New figures released by UNICEF state some 1,300 children were recruited by armed forces and armed groups in 2016.