The HART Prize for Human Rights is a competition for young people who are interested in global issues.
The HART prize for Human Rights aims to:
- Raise awareness of conflict, poverty and human rights abuses amongst young people in the UK, particularly situations which are underrepresented in the mainstream media
- Encourage young people to examine and engage critically with human rights issues by conducting independent research, and producing written or creative pieces
- Invite new voices to contribute to HART’s communications.
There are two competitions running:
- Creative competition: The challenge is to produce a creative piece of work about the human rights or humanitarian situation in any of the countries in which HART works.
- Essay competition: Our essay competition encourages young people to research and write essays on a topic of their choice as long as it is related to one of the eight countries where HART works.
Applications are now OPEN!
- The deadline is the 2nd March 2020
- Prize-giving and Exhibition (winners announced) Event: March 23rd 2020
We now have three age categories:
- Junior: anyone aged between 11-14 by date of entry ;
- Intermediate: anyone aged between 15-18 by date of entry;
- Senior: anyone aged between 19-25 by date of entry.
How to Enter:
To enter, complete the entry form (available to download below), and send your entry and the form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name as the subject.
If your entry is a physical art piece, make sure to include a photo of your piece when submitting the entry form in addition to sending us the piece via post to our office at:
HART Prize for Human Rights
Unit 1 Jubilee Business Centre
213 Kingsbury Road
NOTE: Application forms received without attached submission (and vice-versa) will not be considered.
At HART, we are inclusive of all levels of learning and ability. If you have a learning or physical disability and require any sort of accommodation in regards to your submission, please reach out to us at email@example.com, or include a note in your submission email!
For more information, please download our HART Prize Information Pack below.
If you would like to arrange a talk at your school or university about the prize, human rights or HART’s work, please get in touch us at firstname.lastname@example.org