March 11th, 2016
- This week, we have been celebrating Mother’s Day and International Women’s Day by publishing blog posts written by interns and HART Ambassadors on the themes of maternal health and gender equality. Click here to read the full blog series – more blogs to come at the weekend!
February 19th, 2016
- We have a new job vacancy for the position of Finance Manager at HART. Application deadline is on 7th March.
- Read the visit report from HART’s most recent visit to Sudan and South Sudan.
- HART will be at the London International Development Conference 2016 this Saturday – come and say hello if you are there!
February 5th, 2016
- Baroness Cox spoke in the House of Lords on Wednesday supporting amendments to the Immigration Bill, calling for victims of genocide to be granted asylum in the UK.
- In a busy week, Baroness Cox also asked a supplementary question on International Again against female genital mutilation on Thursday.
January 29th, 2016
- HART intern, Satya Tan, has written an excellent blog on the ways in which Dalits are treated when seeking medical care, titled India’s inequality in healthcare: the caste divide.
- On Wednesday Baroness Cox contributed to a panel discussion at Conway Hall for World Holocaust Day.
January 21st, 2016Armenia and Azerbaijan news sources report that the other repeatedly breaks ceasefire conditions, such claims are largely unverified by independent news sources, and any attributing of blame should be taken with an extremely large pinch of salt....
January 8th, 2016
December 18th, 2015
- Yesterday, during oral questions in the House of Lords, HART CEO Baroness Cox raised the ongoing situation in Nigeria. Directly afterwards, Lord Chidgey asked a question about human rights in Sudan, to which Baroness Cox gave an insightful contribution.
December 11th, 2015
- The HART team have just returned from their trip to Nigeria with incredible and tragic stories in hand. The full report will be forthcoming in the next week
- HART intern, Will Side, blogs on the failure of the Sudanese Peace talks, which have led to increased hostilities in the country.
December 3rd, 2015
November 13th, 2015
- HART intern, Rowena Teall, published two blogs this week. The first, ‘Religious minorities in India: fears over growing intolerance’, discusses claims of growing intolerance towards religious minorities in India. The second, ‘Local actors: the future of humanitarian action’, looks at the merits of local partnerships and locally-led development initiatives.